When I first saw the announcement of the 8-pan matte palette, I was very excited but also sad because the other 8-pan palettes had parabens. I know I haven't officially sworn off parabens, but I've been trying real hard not to buy any products that contained them (it also gives me a reason to spend less). When G from Nouveau Cheap (one of my favorite blogs EVER) posted up ingredients for the palette, I squealed after scanning the ingredients to see NO PARABENS listed! That's right! Wet N Wild, the holy grail of cheapie makeup, has no parabens *cartwheels in the air*! I immediately planned a trip to Walgreens. Turns out I didn't even have to search very far, the first Walgreens I went to had the beauty bar set up!
Wet N Wild I <3 Matte
0.3 oz/8.5 g - $4.99
The package is the same as the 8-pan shadows, a hinge top. There is minimal excess powder when I dipped my shadow brush (Wet N Wild shadows are known to be powdery so this was a nice surprise). I also accidentally dropped my palette (1.5 feet drop) with no damage except a bit of powder. Previous Wet N Wild palettes are also infamous for exploding at the slightest impact lol.
- Right Column: The whole right column is soft and buttery like a baby's bottom. I was surprised how soft it actually was. Touching it invoked images of marshmallows and fluffy puppies. Of course, nothing is complete without pigmentation. The shadows are opaque (see pics below).
- White: The white does not apply as smooth as the right column (only the slightest). Texture-wise, it is as soft as the right column, baby bottom and all.
- Green - The green is soft and buttery. Applies a teeny bit less even than the white.
- Blue - Applies evenly. Not as pigmented as others and the texture is rougher.
- Purple (the problem child) - Not as pigmented, applies less evenly than others, texture is rougher.
- Note: Purple is actually a pretty good eyeshadow. Because the other shadows are such GREAT quality, in comparison, purple isn't as good. You just have to work a little bit harder with the purple than the rest.
Overall: I didn't expect to love these shadows as much as I did. They are so soft and applies smoothly (for the most part). Purple is the only one that lacks in all categories. However, it is still a pretty good shadow. I can't comment on the lasting power since I haven't worn it on my eyes yet (I will soon!).
Make sure you aren't allergic to any chemicals!
|Back of the palette, in case you were curious lol|
|I adjusted the image to look a bit truer to color. |
The white is a bit whiter.
The purple is slightly purpl-er in real life.
The blue a bit less bright and a bit more blue.
|Blue and purple has sparse silver sparkle in matte formulation|